- Retraction Note
- Open Access
Retraction Note: Chronic neuroinflammation and cognitive impairment following transient global cerebral ischemia: role of fractalkine/CX3CR1 signaling
© Briones et al. 2015
- Received: 19 November 2015
- Accepted: 19 November 2015
- Published: 26 November 2015
The original article was published in Journal of Neuroinflammation 2014 11:13
This article  has been retracted by the Editors-in-Chief. Based on the report of an inquiry conducted by Wayne State University and additional analysis conducted by the Office of Research Integrity (ORI) , the ORI informed the journal that the first author Dr Teresita L. Briones engaged in research misconduct by falsifying and/or fabricating data by falsely reporting the results of western blot experiments and that data reported in Figures 2A and 2C in  were duplicated, reused and falsely relabelled, and claimed to represent different experiments. We have not been able to contact any of the authors.
Open AccessThis article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made. The Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication waiver (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/) applies to the data made available in this article, unless otherwise stated.
- Briones TL, Woods J, Wadowska M. Chronic neuroinflammation and cognitive impairment following transient global cerebral ischemia: role of fractalkine/CX3CR1 signaling. J Neuroinflammation. 2014;11:13.PubMed CentralView ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- The Office of Research Integrity: Case Summary: Briones, Teresita L. https://ori.hhs.gov/content/case-summary-briones-teresita-l/ (2015). Accessed 30 Jul 2015.